Club facilities will be available on a limited basis, both to protect our members and to ensure that the club is compliant with Public Health Orders.
- Members must stay home when ill. Members are not allowed entry if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing). If you have any symptoms, use the screening tool at: Shared health MB Covid19 screening-tool to see if you need to be tested.
- Members are required to maintain physical distancing of 2 metres or 6.5 feet from other members at all times. No more than 10 people should gather at any time. Any congregation of people is actively discouraged.
- The water will be on (May 15). Wash your hands frequently every time you access the Club facilities.
- The Upper Clubhouse remains closed at this time. You may use the outside upper deck, provided physical distancing is maintained. (minimum of 6.5 feet from one another)
- The Lower Clubhouse will be open for limited use, as follows:
- Bleach sanitizer, soap, and hand sanitizer will be available in the Lower Clubhouse. Please wash hands thoroughly upon entry and again prior to exiting. Wipe all surfaces (with sanitizer) and anything you have been in contact with (counter, table, fridge interior/exterior, door handles), before and after use. The same applies to the picnic tables.
- Members are not permitted to access any Club kitchen utensils, serving tools, plates, glasses, etc. in the lower clubhouse. Bring your own.
- The Fridge(s) will be available. A “Fridge Use Protocol” document will be posted on each open fridge. If you wish to keep items in the fridge, they must be place in a bag/box (with your name on it). Do not place any loose, non-identified items in the fridge or freezer.
- One BBQ will be available for use. Consider bringing your own picnic lunch/snack that requires minimal preparation.
- The East Washroom (closest to the Lower Clubhouse) will be open for use. A “Washroom Use Protocol” document will be posted on the door to this washroom. Bleach sanitizer, soap, and hand sanitizer will be available in the washroom. Wipe door handle on entry to bathroom, wipe surfaces before/after use, wash hands thoroughly, wipe door handles again on exit.
- Club sailboats will be available to members on an exclusive ‘signout basis’ (i.e. the member will take responsibility and safe custody of all rigging, sails, etc) for a month or specified period of time. During that period, the member will not return rigging and sails to the sail locker, but will safely store the items in a dry, safe place (in boat if a cover is available) – see Charles for information.
- The large Club rescue boat will be in the water and ready for use if needed. If you use the boat, wipe all touched surfaces
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer, toilet paper, and other personal hygiene products when coming to the Club. While Bleach Sanitizer, soap, and hand sanitizer will be available at the Club (as indicated above), if the Club’s supplies become limited, then Club operations may be further limited.
- Pack in, pack out. Take your own garbage and recyclables to the depot by the grocery store. Do not leave any garbage or recyclables in the Club.
- FYC races are suspended at this time. Sail Manitoba is collaborating with the clubs to finalize a sailing ‘best practices’ document. Sail Manitoba sanctioned events are not permitted to proceed until the Provincial Public Health Office approves this document. Subject to approval, it is hoped some level of programming/formal activity will be permitted by the end of June. There will be no formal races at FYC until we can determine how to do so safely.
We are fortunate to have a lot of outdoor space at our club such that members will be able to access their boats and go sailing while respecting physical distancing and other Public Health Orders. The FYC Board will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves and assess the best course of action for when and how we may resume more complete access and operations.